Whether you're an experienced anesthesia professional or you just picked up your first shift, we know that starting at a new facility can be a bit overwhelming. Who do you need to ask for? What should you bring? Here are some tips to make your next assignment run smoothly:
- Verify hours and pay rates. Make sure you know when your shift begins and ends, if you get a paid lunch, and what you will be earning.
- Make a note to find out the name of the contact person at the facility just in case you have questions.
- Be sure to ask what color scrubs to wear or if you need anything particular.
- Get directions. That way you can be sure to arrive on time for your first day.
- Check to make sure that you have the correct ID badge.
- Make sure you have your time sheet.
- You know where and when you're working, but make sure that you also know where to go and who to ask for once you get to the facility.
- It is a good idea to arrive at least 15 minutes before your first shift so you can familiarize yourself with the facility.
Remember that we're here for you and communication is vital to our relationship. Let us know how your shift went (good or bad!), or if you have any questions or concerns. We want to make sure your partnership with MSN is a success!